What Does the Boxperson (Box) Do at the Craps Table?
The Box is the person sitting down between two other dealers. Their job is to watch the dealers, players, handle money, and make sure the game moves along smoothly.
When they watch the dealers they are looking for:
- Proper procedure
- Proper payment
- Proper setting up of bets
- Making sure the dealers are doing their jobs correctly
When they watch the players they are looking for:
- Bets they make
- Did they give the right amount of money for the bets
- Are they getting paid correctly
- Are they trying to cheat
- Handle disputes between the players and/or the dealers
- Counting and dropping cash that comes in from players
- Coloring up money when players leave
What Do the Base Dealers Do in Craps?
The Base Dealers job is to take care of the players on their side of the table. Their duties include:
- Booking Players' Bets
- Setting up bets on their side of the table
- Paying Bets
- Collecting losing bets
- Teaching players how to play
What Does the Stickperson Do on a Craps Game?
The Stickperson controls the pace of the game using the stick and dice, and takes care of the bets in the middle of the table. Their duties include:
- Sending the dice to the players
- Taking and setting up bets in the center of the table
- Telling the base dealers who and how much to pay players when their center bets win
- Calling the number the dice land on
What Does the Supervisor (Floor) Do at the Craps Table?
The Floor's job is to keep an eye on the game as a whole. Their duties include:
- Making sure the bank is correct and there are enough for the players
- Taking players' cards and tracking their play
- Grabbing dice that go off the table
- Handling disputes that cannot be resolved through the Boxperson
- Triple checking payouts