Betting the Horn High in Craps
There are four different Horn High’s that all bet the same numbers as the Horn. They are the Horn High Yo, Horn High Ace Deuce, Horn High Aces, and the Horn High Twelve.
The difference in each is you are adding an extra unit to one of those bets; the Aces, Aces Deuce, Twelve, or the Yo in order to determine which Horn High you're betting.
Horn High's are great if you want to throw a nickel in, spread your money around a bunch of prop bets, and pick a special number you want to roll, like.. the Yo. "Nickel Horn High Yo!"
|Low Side Hits||11:5||3 or 11||Any other number|
|High Side Hits||26:5||2 or 12||Any other number|
|Low Side Hits Directly||27:5||3 or 11||Any other number|
|High Side Hits Directly||57:5||2 or 12||Any other number|
- All the Horn Highs are one roll bets
- All the Horn Highs must be bet in increments of $5.
What Are the Four Different Horn High's in Craps?
If you bet a four-dollar Horn then took another dollar and added it to the Yo then you would be betting a Horn High Yo. If instead you took that extra dollar and put it on the Twelve you would be betting a Horn High Twelve. I presume the Horn High was created in order to make betting simpler. Betting four dollars requires either splashing four (4) dollar cheques or betting a five-dollar cheque then having the Stickperson tell the base dealer to give a dollar change. Either way, it's easier to make a five-dollar bet.
Where Is Your Horn High Bet on the Craps Table?
For the most part, all of the Horn Highs are separated into two sections: the left side of the table and the right side of the table. If two players from the same side of the table bet the same Horn High we wouldn’t even be able to fit both cheques in the box. There isn’t enough room for them both so we would have to go over the edges or put the edge of one cheque on top of the other. Whatever we need to do in order to get an understanding of where the bets should be.
What Does the Horn High Pay on a Craps Game?
The Horn High’s are some of the most confusing bets to pay on a Craps table. There are only four payments you need to know in order to pay all the bets but it's knowing when to apply each of those four numbers that makes paying them so difficult. You need to understand a few things before you’ll be able to figure out the payments of the Horn Highs right off the bat.
- Directly - The Horn High that you bet is the number that rolled. For example, you bet the Horn High Twelve and the Twelve rolled or you bet the Horn High Ace Deuce and the Ace Deuce rolls. That is a direct hit.
- Indirectly - One of the other numbers rolled. For example, you bet the Horn High Aces and the Twelve rolled or you bet the Horn High Yo and the Aces roll. Those are indirect hits.
- High Side - The Horn High Aces and the Horn High Twelve pay the exact same when they hit directly or indirectly because both the Aces and the Twelve pay 30 to 1. They are both considered the high side.
- Low Side - The Horn High Ace Deuce and the Horn High Yo pay the exact same when they hit directly or indirectly because both the Ace Deuce and the Yo pay 15 to 1. They are both considered the low side.
The Horn High will pay one of 4 payments:
- $57 - High side hits directly. For example, Horn High Twelve, and Twelve rolls.
- $27 - Low side hits directly. For example, Horn High Yo, and Yo rolls.
- $26 - High side hits indirectly. For example, Horn High Ace Deuce, and Twelve Rolls.
- $11 - Low side hits indirectly. For example, Horn High Aces, and Yo rolls.
$5 Horn High Aces and Horn High Twelve
There are three possible outcomes/payments when you have to pay both the Horn High Aces and the Horn High Twelve:
- $57 - The bet hits directly
- $26 - The opposite high side number is rolled. E.g. you bet the Horn High Aces and the Twelve rolled.
- $11 - The low side rolled. E.g. you bet the Horn High Twelve and the Ace Deuce or Yo rolled. Ace Deuce and Yo are the low side numbers.
The Bet Hits Directly - $57
A $5 Horn High Aces has $2 on the Aces and $1 on the other three numbers. If the Aces rolled it would win $60 ($2 x 30) minus $3 (the other losing bets – $1 on each the Twelve, Ace Deuce, and Yo) for a payment of $57.
$5 Horn High Ace Deuce and Horn High Yo
There are three possible outcomes/payments possible when you pay both the Horn High Ace Deuce and the Horn High Yo.
- $27 - The bet hits directly.
- $11 - The opposite low side number is rolled. E.g. you bet the Horn High Yo and the Ace Deuce rolled.
- $26 - The high side rolled. E.g. you bet the Horn High Ace Deuce and the Aces or Twelve rolled. Aces and Twelve are the high side numbers.
The Bet Hits Directly - $27
A $5 Horn High Yo has $2 on the Yo and $1 on the other three numbers. If the Yo rolled it would win $30 ($2 x 15) minus $3 (the other losing bets – $1 on each the Ace Deuce, Aces, and Twelve) for a payment of $27.
Horn High Payment Calculators
Check the payment for a bet made on the four Horn High bets.
Horn High Aces
Horn High Ace Deuce
Horn High Yo
Horn High Twelve
Check the payment for all the bets on the craps table here.