After the Point has been made, you’ll see people bet the rest or certain groups of numbers. I call these Spread Bets. They are Across, Inside, Outside, Uptown/Downtown and Including the Point.
Types of Spread Bets
- Across are all the numbers besides the Point
- Inside numbers are 5, 6, 8 and 9.
- Outside numbers are 4, 5, 9 and 10.
- Uptown numbers are 8, 9, and 10
- Downtown numbers are 4, 5, and 6
- Including the Point are any combination of the other Spread Bets but they also include the Point.
*If you noticed, the 5 and 9 are considered both Inside and Outside numbers but can only be used as one or the other, never both.
Spread bets are made with the same number of units on each Point. When novice players want to bet multiple numbers, they tend to string bet. They’ll also say things like, “I want to bet ten dollars on all the numbers”. That’s $54 across or $52 across. They don’t know that they can bet them all at the same time nor do they know how much it’s going to cost. It requires paying attention to what the Point is and knowing adding different amounts constantly. The reason Spread Bets could be difficult to fully understand is because the amount of money needed changes based on what the Point is.